Monday, September 3

back in Australia

Just in from My 30+ hours of flying ad I'm getting to be a dab hand at the  long haul flights! It's nice to be back in brisbane, and I use the word "nice" with purpose. Such a generic word for what I can only reconcile to be a generic place. It has charm in minute, character in drably dribbles and excitement i limited edition The people are as ever wonderfully kind, with them I cannot, even in my grumpiest hour, find lacking. 
Being home in Dublin was perfectly lovely! I treated my family to Oscar Wilde's "A woman of no importance" which is showing in the Gate theatre. Wilde's ability with language and mastery of words literally thrills me! There are few who can be quoted so easily and with aplomb! Every sentence laden with sari, witticisms and intelligent commentary! I'm hoping to go to more theatrical productions in  Brisbane, i should really stop hoping and just go!

My wise Auntie, told me she used to write "DO!" on the back of her hand every day when she was feeling passive. DO! being an instruction for action, a reprimand for laziness and an Order to go and be wonderful. I will be following her example hence forth!

No comments:

Post a Comment